Town of Gilmanton, New Hamsphire
February 17, 2018, 1:17 pm


***If you have an yellow and white sticker, this sticker expired 12/31/2016.  You must complete a new application and purchase a new sticker (white/blue). These will be strictly enforced EFFECTIVE AUGUST 1, 2017!   If you have any questions, please contact the Clerk's Office.  Thank you.  Download Application Here




The next Household Hazardous Waste Collections will be held on July 29, 2017 (8:30 am to 12:00 noon) and August 5, 2017 (8:30 am to 12:00 noon).  All residents and property owners in participating communities are encouraged to take this opportunity to safely dispose of your household hazardous products.  For more information, check with the Lakes Region Planning Commission (LRPC) for details at (603) 279-8171/




Dump Stickers

The Town of Gilmanton Town Clerk/Tax Collector's office requires proof of ownership of your Gilmanton property on file before dump stickers will be issued and mailed to you. Land only taxpayers may apply, online (or in our office) for a Land Only Brush permit. An application must be on file with our office before a sticker will be issued. If renting or leasing, proof of residency is required and a copy of your current rental or lease agreement must be presented. Completed Applications and proof of rental/lease can be mailed, faxed (603-267-6701) to our office; or scanned and attached in an e-mail to (                       Download Application Here



Plastic (All) 1 - 7

Clear, Green & Blue PETE #1 soda & water bottles milk jugs, detergent bottles, etc.

Please rinse out thoroughly;  caps may remain on bottles as long as bottles are punctured on the side.

Aluminum Cans

Soda, Beer and Juice Cans (A magnet will not stick to an aluminum can)

Empty and rinse. No coated aluminum cat food cans.

Corrugated Cardboard

Double or triple walled cardboard only. No waxed cardboard.

Empty, flatten - Keep clean and dry. Cut or fold to 3' x 3' maximum.


Bottles, jars, windows, glasses, mirrors, etc. No safety glass.

Remove caps, remove residue and rinse bottles and jars.

Rechargeable Household Batteries

Nickel cadmium, nickel metal hydride, lithium ion, small sealed VCR & lap top batteries.

Place in designated container. (Other batteries can be safely thrown into compactor.)

Motor Oil

Residential only - used motor oil from oil changes. No other fluids.

Place in designated area.

Yard Waste

Leaves, grass clippings, hay.

Empty bags at compost pile.

Burn Pile

Clean and unpainted wood including brush under 5" diameter.

Place in designated area.


Plastic Containers
All plastic containers you purchase should be marked with a large and clear recycling code. This code must be molded into the plastic and located on the bottom surface of the container. ideally the entire container should be made of the same plastic to avoid confusion, but often the caps are of a different type. Caps should be separately marked, but few are. Note that most caps are NOT of the same types as the bottle they sit on. Although the caps may remain as long as the bottles are punctured on the side.

Documents and Forms top of page
    Plastic Recycle-UPDATE - 
Recycling Pays!! - 
Black Gold - 
Composting: - Here are a few more websites that cater to composting, And thank you Kathrine Strode for looking up the information.
The Ethics of Recycling: - informational slide show!
Attention Gilmanton Residents - Medical sharps must be placed into a sealed plastic laundry bottle.
PLASTICS: - Now accepting #1 thru #7
New 2017 - 2019 Recycling Sticker Application - Please complete the new applications for your new dump stickers. The first two are at no charge, per legal address; any thereafter are $1.00 each.
Mandatory, Pay-As You-Throw or Status Quo? Get the Facts - RCAP Analysis of Solid Waste Operations & Opportunities & Formal Recommendations
House Hold Hazardous Waste - Reduce the use of Hazardous Household Products
Rules,Regulations & Information of the Gilmanton, N.H. Transfer - Rules, and Regulations.
Recycling Committee's Recommendation to the Board of Selectmen - The Recycling Committee has made it's recommendation for mandatory Recycling to the Board of Selectmen.
Vegetable oil program - We will accept multiple containers that hold up to 5 gallons each of: Canola, soy, palm, olive, corn, peanut, cotton seed, vegetable (a combination of several oils). The above oils must be in a liquid state. NOT ACCEPTED: LARD. Program begins 2/1/2010.

Events (today up to 60 days out)
top of page
Date Event Time Location Info
PDF Format
 Sunday, April 1, 2018   Recycling Center Closed for the Easter Holiday   12:00 AM   Recycling Center a.k.a. "The Dump"   

Click on the image to view a larger version
top of page
  Name Title Phone E-Mail Term Length Term Expiration
  Ronald Nason   Solid Waste Facility  (603) 267-6070   
  Matthew Abraham  Recycling Attendent  (603) 267-6070     
  Arthur Kempton  Part-time Attendant   (603) 267-6070     

Frequently Asked Questions top of page
    How do I Recycle?
Follow the directions and either bring your recyclables to the recycling facility or separate and bag them for pick-up by your commercial hauler. Ask you hauler how they prefer to pick up recyclables.

How do I use the Transfer Station?
You must first pick up a Transfer Station permit, these are available in the Selectmen's Office.

What can I bring to the Transfer Station?
Please refer to the Guide to Recycling Page.

Why Recycle? It helps slow the increase of our taxes!
As much as 50% of our trash can be recycled.

Links top of page
    HouseHold Hazardous Waste update and resouces: